IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE MAKING A DRESS OR DRESS LIKE THING AS PART OF YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUME!
HERE IS A LOVELY TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE A TUTU!
HERE IS ANOTHER LOVELY TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE A PLEATED SKIRT!
HERE IS A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE A CORSET WITH BACKLACING!
HERE IS A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE A 50’S CRINOLINE! (SOMETIMES CALLED A PETTICOAT)
HERE IS A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE A DRESS BODICE!
DO WITH THIS WHAT YOU WILL!
Basically a blog to archive cosplay related posts. Updates are random, as well as content.
Most posts are made by Sammitychan.
Wigs can make or break a cosplay, seriously. If you’re going to invest in one expensive thing for a cosplay, let it be the wig.
Sure you can get a cheap wig from party city, but trust me, you’ll regret it. Cheap wigs are impossible to style, the skeleton shows through, and the hair falls out like crazy. When buying a wig look for a heat resistant, lace top, and skin-top wig.
I’ve had people ask me about using their own hair instead of a wig. I do not recommend this at all, even if your hair is just like the character’s. Anime characters are extremely stylized, and over the top. Natural hair typically does not stand out enough to look that great for cosplay. It’s also a pain to have to style your hair each time you want to cosplay, and making sure it’s the right length.
Where to buy:
- Cosplay Wig is my absolute favorite. I have been buying from them for 5 years and I always look here first.
- Lucaille has an AMAZING selection. They have the biggest character-specific selection I have ever seen. They all look very accurate, and are extremely cheap. They also have some nice fashion/lolita cosplay wigs.
- Epic Cosplay Wigs has a very large selection, and they are recommended by lots of professionals. They are very soft and good quality, with minimum sheen.
- Insomnium wigs is great! (psst you can find many of their wigs for cheaper with a quick ebay search)
- Amphigory has a large selection of wigs and extensions
- The Five Wits has great character-specific wigs
- Arda wigs is good overall, and they’re one of the few places that sells lace-front and pony tail/pig tail wigs
- ebay user Agree518’s Fashion-Cosplay-Wigs shop has a humongous selection of wigs.
- AnimeStuffStore on ebay has a great Cosplay wig section
- Cosplay Wigs USA has some unique styles
- Matchwigs are alright, but be warned: they all are VERY full and look a bit too poofy and unnatural. Good for super styled spikes.
- Cosplay.com Shopping I’ve heard mixed reviews about, though I’ve never bought wigs from them
- I Kick Shins is great for extensions and styling supplies
- Petting Zoo Wigs has extentions
- Doctored Locks has extentions
- Milanoo gets a lot of mixed reveiws since, unlike the other sites I have listed, their wigs come from many different sellers.
- God Save The Queen does costume wig commissions
- Do not use gel in wigs
- A Styrofoam mannequin head is essential for wig styling. They are $5 at hobby lobby.
- Hair wax to style bangs, spikes, and to tease hair.
- Spiking glue to style spikes